Oh Parker James, you are growing up so fast. You are just the sweetest, most precious thing to your daddy and me and I am constantly amazed at all our many blessings.
I saw this sweet face one afternoon as we sat in traffic on the way home from school :)
We haven’t taken the “official” 14 month pictures with his sticker yet…I know, we’re slackers. But…these are just as cute. Not much has changed since 13 months, but, just for memories sake, here are few things about you at 14 months old…
- You are still a big boy! We weighed you at home the other day and you were about 27.5 lbs :).
- You are still a GREAT eater! New things you tried this month – baked ziti, peanut butter crackers, frosted mini wheats, and chocolate chip cookies. You were a big fan of all of them!
- You now have 9 teeth – one of which is a molar and I can feel the other 3 starting to work their way through. Teething is really hard on you…we use lots of teething tablets and sometimes resort to advil when you are especially miserable.
- You are wearing 12-18 month, 18 month, and some 18-24 month clothes. I would suspect you are wearing about a size 5.5 in shoes. We just moved up to 2 new, bigger pairs of Robeez this past week!
- You are down to just 1 nap each day, unless you are really tired. At school, your naps are only about 1.5 hours – probably because you don’t want miss anything, but at home, you will usually sleep about 3 hours.
- We are in the process of switching from Neocate Infant Formula to almond milk. You still can’t drink cow’s milk because of your milk allergy, but you really like the almond milk. We may try some soy milk too because of it has more fat and protein, but I want to talk to the dr. about it more. There’s so much negative research about soy that I don’t know what to believe. You only have 1 bottle each day and right now we’re mixing 1/2 formula, 1/2 almond milk, but probably another week or 2 and you will be only drinking almond milk!
- You talk all the time! You know lots of words, but I think only your daddy and I can understand them.
- You love to be outside. We play at the park alot, we play in the garage, draw with chalk outside on the driveway, and play balls in the yard. You love to listen to the dogs bark outside and watch for birds in the trees and sky.
- You LOVE to color! We have crayons for paper and crayons for the bathtub. We even bought some of the Color Wonder Markers that only draw on certain paper (a mom’s dream!) and of course the sidewalk chalk.
some of our lunchtime favorites – carrots, pears, spinach & zucchini pasta, & chicken
playing at the park one evening before supper
having a snack & a wagon ride to the park
one of my favorites from our photo shoot with the amazingly talented Hannah Vickers in Abilene.