So excited to add this to our backyard soon! The hardware, swings, and slide should arrive next week and we’ll just need to buy the lumber and get it all put together. I for see many long hours spent on this thing this summer!
So…since I missed his post at 16 months…we’ll just combine 16 & 17…
How is it even possible that 17 months have already gone by since this sweet boy joined our family? It seems like I just blinked one day and he had gone from an itty, bitty bundle in a blanket to a full fledged little boy. He’s running all over the place, talks constantly, has very strong opinions :), and turns our house into a whirlwind of toys, books, balls, and puzzles in a matter of minutes.
Here are some specifics on our Parker-man over the last couple of months:
- officially DONE with bottles! They have all been washed, sanitized, and packed up to be used with baby #2 at some point in the future.
- We’re assuming he’s still allergic to milk/dairy, though he can eat things that have milk as an ingredient. We have though completely and seamlessly transitioned to soy milk and he LOVES it! He asks for and drinks “nilk” throughout the day, but goes without it at bedtime now. It’s been so nice that he decided he was done with it and we didn’t have to go through a transition phase.
- Unless he’s in pain or has a bad dream, he sleeps a solid 11-13 hours at night. He usually goes to sleep between 7:30-8:00 and wakes up about 6:30 (but will sleep until almost 8:00 on Saturdays!
- He is completely obsessed with all things sports. He loves to watch “ball-ball” on tv and doesn’t care which sport it is. His frustration is very noticeable when it goes to a commercial or halftime.
- He loves music (“susic”) and wants it on at all times – in the house or the car.
- He is obsessed with pushing buttons. He helps me push the buttons to start the washer & dryer, dishwasher, turn on/off the ipod or tv, light switches, etc…
- His last 4 teeth (the pointy ones) are coming in and it has been rough. I think these teeth have been the worst so far.
- Still a pretty good eater – loves almost all fruits, most veggies, meat, crackers, yogurt, applesauce, cereal bars, raisins & dried cranberries, cookies & donuts (treats), bagels, almost all types of cereal, goldfish, bread, pasta, pizza, waffles, pancakes, biscuits, cinnamon rolls, and ice cream. I’m sure there’s more, though…
- Generally takes a 2-3 hour nap after lunch.
- Wears size 24 month/2T clothes and size 6 shoes.
- Weighs about 28 lbs and is 33-ish inches tall.
- He loves to be outside watching the birds, drawing with chalk, or blowing bubbles. He thinks its great fun to dig in the dirt in the flower pots, pull the petals off the flowers in the back yard, and help us water the plants ;).
- Point out the airplanes, trucks, & trains when we see them outside and knows the sounds each of them make.
- Still loves to go to school and enjoys playing with his teachers and friends every day. He’s even starting to refer to his friends at church & school by name.
- Now knows that nu-nu’s (pacifiers) & night-nights (blankets) are for bedtime or the car – which has been nice. The only other time he wants them is if he gets hurt or doesn’t feel well.
- Loves to read books and can point to, name, & make animal sounds for tons of animals
- Talks up a storm – I think I’m done trying to write down all the words he knows – considering he has a new word every.single.day. His latest words though are “peas” (please), thank you, “buc” (cup), and Pak (Kaps – my mom).
playing with his new mower from Mimi & Poppy for Easter – he loves to “mow-mow”
Our Easter & bluebonnet pictures will have to double as 16 month pictures :)
I just love this smile :)
He loves to wear my sunglasses & always tries to put them on his head like I tend to wear mine :)