Parker celebrated his 13 month birthday right after Christmas and it’s just so hard to believe. He is so much fun right now and I feel like he is a giant sponge soaking up everything around him every day. It seems like he learns or does something new almost daily – sometimes multiple times a day! This has been so fun to watch and we are loving this age right now.
The sun came out for a while on Sunday and it warmed up a little bit, so we slapped that sticker on his shirt and went to play at the park for a while! – and got some super cute pictures too!
You LOVE to be outside and apparently – you like to slide!
You are really into exploring these days – inside or outside. You always pick things up, examine them closely, proclaim your excitement of your new discovery, and then bring it to us to see – just plain adorable :).
You are constantly on the move! You rarely stop – eating & sleeping are about the only things that will slow you down.
Just so I can remember a few things about you at this age:
- You are a CHUNK! Last week the doctor said you weighed 26 lbs!
- You are still going to school everyday – and almost always have a smile on your face when I pick you up in the afternoons. We are so thankful for such sweet teachers.
- You are a GREAT eater. You love to eat: ham, turkey, chicken, hamburger meat, pasta, fruit (of all kinds), waffles, bagels, peas, carrots, green beans, sweet potatoes, rice, refried beans, tortillas, bread, cereal bars, animal crackers, goldfish, wheat thins, almond/coconut milk yogurt, cheerios, and ice cream. Obviously several of those are not things you eat frequently, but you enjoy them as a treat. You happily drink water throughout the day, but you also like to drink apple juice and tea – usually mixed with some water.
- Your milk allergy seems to be improving slowly. You seem to be able to eat foods that have milk or butter in them, but still can’t tolerate milk to drink. We’ve tried goat’s milk – but it also seems to upset your stomach. It looks like we’ll stick with formula a while longer and try getting you to drink some almond milk too.
- You are only drinking 1 bottle a day now – at bedtime and rarely you will have one in the middle of the night if you wake up and need help settling back to sleep.
- Pretty much sleep through the night – unless something hurts. We’ve had a rough month or so with ear infections and cutting those darn molars, but I know this too shall pass ;).
- You are talking up a storm! Words we recognize – Mama, Dada, baa (ball), no, buh (book), woof-woof, quack (without the q & k sounds at the beginning & end), muh (more), you will nod your head yes when we ask you if you want something and you also sign “all done”.
- You are very good at pointing to tell us what you want and when you’re hungry you walk to the pantry door or refrigerator and bang on the door until we open it to give you something to eat.
- You love to “wrestle” with us, play peek-a-book, read books, play with balls & cars, be outside, and you still love to take a bath and brush your teeth before bed
- You give the sweetest hugs and sloppy kisses :)
- Your smile is infectious and your laugh is music to my ears
Parker, we love you so much and we are so thankful for the joy you bring into our home.