Where has the time gone? 8 weeks old, already?
We don’t go to the doctor for our 2 month check-up & shots until next week, but here’s the run down on our favorite little girl.
- Probably weighs about 11 lbs at this point.
- Wearing size 1 diapers & 3 month clothes, though some are still a little big.
- Nursing is finally going really well. I don’t know that its perfect (does that even exist?), but she’s eating and growing, so I’d say we’ve got it figured out. Finally. I was really skeptical for a while, but I’m so glad I’ve stuck with it. She’s eating about every 2-3 hours during the day and about every 4-6 hours at night.
- Takes a bottle like a champ. For the most part, if we are going to be out of the house for a feeding, I prefer to give her a bottle. I’m just not super comfortable nursing in public and when we’re at friend’s or family’s houses, I don’t like sequestered to the back bedroom if I can help it.
- We seem to slowly be figuring out a little bit of a routine, but just as with Parker, I’m not really pushing anything.
- Found out 2 weeks ago that she does in fact have reflux, but thankfully the Zantac the doctor prescribed has worked wonders. The spit-up, feeding issues, and discomfort have decreased dramatically, so I’ll call that a win. I don’t love giving such a little thing medicine, but it does work, so we’ll keep it up.
- Now that we have the reflux under control, she’s finally sleeping in the cradle in our bedroom. We made that transition at the beginning of the week and it was completely seamless. I don’t really have plans to move her upstairs anytime soon. For now, the cradle is the most convenient option. so we’re sticking with it.
- I’ve also discovered that she is at least somewhat sensitive to dairy, just like Parker was, so I’ve now completely cut it out of my diet. Up until now, I had just cut out the obvious sources of dairy, but wasn’t super strict about it. She seems to be much happier now :).
- She takes most of her naps in the bouncy seat or being held. Since its just the 2 of us at home right now, I’m soaking up the time that I can just sit and hold her.
- She gets a bath a few times each week and seems to enjoy them, as long as the water is really warm. She does not enjoy things if the water is the slightest bit cool. Can’t say that I blame her.
- She’s very happy, very easy, and is usually pretty content. Her “fussy time” is usually in the late afternoon/early evenings, but our house is crazy, busy, and loud during that time which is probably a little overwhelming.
- We’re beginning to get some smiles and she’s also beginning to talk to us, which is so much fun!
Our days are (thankfully) pretty calm and relaxing and look something like this –
- She wakes up between 6-7 AM, along with the rest of us. That is a little bit of a crazy hour trying to get Matt & Parker packed up and out of the house, but it is so fun having our whole family together in the mornings. For so long, I was gone to work long before Matt & Parker even got out bed and I’m so thankful to get to spend the mornings together as a family.
- She gets her morning dose of medicine and nurses 20-30 minutes later. After eating, she typically goes back to sleep and will sleep until she’s ready to eat again, anywhere from 2-3 hours later. That 2-3 hour feeding schedule pretty much lasts throughout the day & evening until somewhere between 7-9 PM. She usually nurses sometime around 8 or 9 and will sleep about 4 hours afterward. Most nights, she sleeps in Matt’s arms during that time since he doesn’t get much time with her during the day. I feed her again around midnight, wrap her up in the swaddle, and she sleeps through the night. Occasionally she’ll wake during the night, but usually replacing her nu-nu settles her back to sleep.
- She is starting to stay awake for longer periods throughout the day, but does still spend most of her day sleeping.
all swaddled up & sleeping in her cradle!
*trying* to enjoy some tummy time on her mat
my sweet babies snuggled up in the big bed
trying to let out a smile at mom!
beautiful baby girl, we love you!